A place to share my art, my quilting and my experiences creating with my favorite furry friends at my feet.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Not Much Time to Create

For the past week I have not had nearly as much time to create as I wish. Last Monday I attended the Milwaukee Art Quilters meeting. It was the first meeting that I ever attended. I was a little nervous to go, but the other artists were so friendly I just laugh at myself for ever being so silly. That is who I am though. I am a person who tends to shy away from new experiences because of fear, fear of the unknown.

The meeting was inspiring. I want to create quilts that travel. I want to enter competitions. I want to teach. After the meeting however, the rest of my life has gotten in the way. Important stuff that needs to be worked through so I can have the financial base I need to make art.

I am currently looking for a job as an art teacher. I am currently looking in Wisconsin, Colorado and Texas. If anyone out there has any suggestions as to how to make myself stand out from the other applicants, I would love to hear your ideas. Teaching children art is the one area of my life where I have no fear.

Later this week off to Chicago for festival! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment